Dress Up as your favorite book character on Wednesday, October 31st. Try to bring the book to carry in the parade. The Book Character Parade will start approximately 9:20 am.
WOW! Our students are beginning to hit the ‘100’ book steps and have received their reading medals on a red lanyard. Please help them to keep up with them (safely in bookbag) and they may wear them everyday at school to let teachers, staff, and students know that they are on target with their reading steps!!!
We are beginning our Zoology Unit this week and we will be studying mammals which will include wild, domestic, farm, and zoo animals. We will be learning about living and non-living organisms.
- POWER WORDS: like, a, with
- Letters: Ff and Dd – know the sounds and how to form the letter
- Writing: write our thoughts and ideas down in our journals
- Reading books: title page, setting, characters, events
- Math: learning to count 1-100!!
- Science/Social Studies: Zoology - mammals
- practice ALL Power Words every night – be able to read them at FLASH SPEED!!!
- read and log at least 2 STEPS every night!!
- practice writing letters as needed - stay within lines
- BOX TOPS DUE…..October is Box Top collection MONTH! We were in first place! Please collect from family and friends to help us win a class prize!
- Oct. 22–30 – Book Fair
- Oct. 26 – Grand Lunch
- Oct. 31 – Book Character Dress Up Day Parade @ 9:20 am – bring your book!
- Nov. 1 – Picture Make-Up Day
- Nov. 2 - Class Competition- Colorific Day – our class should wear DARK BLUE
- Nov. 5 – CareDox free flu shots for students
- Nov. 9 – NO SCHOOL – Teacher Work Day
- Nov. 12 – NO SCHOOL - Veterans Day observed – Thank a Veteran!
- Nov. 15 – Report cards go home
- Nov. 21 - 23 – NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving Break
- Dec 13 - Interims Issued
- Dec 17 - Jan 1 – NO SCHOOL - Winter Break
- Jan 21 – NO SCHOOL - MLK Jr Day
- Jan 28-29 - NO SCHOOL – Student Holiday / Teacher Workday
· Monday, October 29 – CODING
· Tuesday, October 30 – ART
· Wednesday, October 31 – LIBRARY – bring library books and get a new one
· Thursday, November 1 – MUSIC
· Friday, November 2 – P.E. – wear tennis shoes
· Monday, November 5 – S.T.E.M.