October 30 – November 3, 2017
Parent Teacher Conferences will be scheduled soon! I will be sending a note soon. We have completed PALS testing and are finishing SEAL testing now. I look forward to meeting with you in the next few weeks to discuss your child’s progress.
· Learn about short vowels:
o /a/ as in alligator, apple
o /e/ as in elephant, egg
o /i/ as in igloo, iguana
o /o/ as in olive, octopus
o /u/ as in umbrella, under
· Listen for short vowel sounds when we are “stretching out” and spelling words
· Practice Power Words every night! Must read at flash speed!
· Have fun being ‘Zoologist’ and learn all about mammals; wild/domestic; farm/zoo
· Identify title page, setting, characters, and events in stories read
· Practice counting by 1s and 10s
· Read and record two steps every night in order to stay on target and polish your skills!
· Oct. 30 – Book Fair begins
o students looked & picked 3 books that they would like, form being sent home today with their selections
· Oct. 31 – Book Character Parade @ 1:10
o Dress up and bring your book to show!
· Nov. 2 – School picture make-up day! Please let me know if you want your child’s picture retaken on 11.2.17
· Nov. 3 – Grand Lunch (Hundley lunchtime: 12:40 – 1:10)
· Nov. 9 – Book Fair ends at noon, also
§ Wear Red, White and Blue to honor our Military Veterans
· Nov. 10 – Veterans Day – NO SCHOOL
· Nov. 14 – PTA @ 6:45 – 2nd grade performance
· Nov. 22-24 – Thanksgiving Break (no school)
· Monday – Art
· Tuesday – Library (bring your book)
· Wednesday – Music
· Thursday – PE (wear tennis shoes)
· Friday – STEM
· Monday, Nov. 6 – Coding