Message from Teacher…
Our class did a great job with the APEX Fun Run! We had so much fun running and striving to meet our goal! It was an enjoyable time for all with the music and fellowship! Our total class pledge was $46 per lap! Thank you so much for your support for our school and for our classroom. We already earned a crazy hat / crazy hair day and now we have earned a sunshade and popsicle day which we will have on Friday, October 6!
OUR NEW and IMPORTANT HOMEWORK! “READING LOG” folders with 2 books will be coming home each night. Please be sure to read, log, and sign the log sheet. HOMEWORK will be to read for 30 minutes every night. If you have other books that you read to them, you may log these also. Remember, every 15 minutes of reading equals one STEP!
Included in our folders are our POWER WORDS! We typically get 3 new words per week. Please have students to read and practice these each night!
For this week…
- learn about the letters Cc, Hh, Dd and Ff
- name, read and spell words that begin with /c/ /h/ /d/ and /f/
- read and learn the Power Words: love, my, is
- recognize and generate rhyming words
- count words in sentences
- be able to identify and distinguish between a letter, a word, and a sentence
- continue to identify characters and settings, and tell what authors and illustrators do
- retell stories we read aloud
- recognize, create and extend patterns
- write your name in correct form (upper and lower case, within lines)
- recognize numbers from 1 – 10 and count numbers 1 - 20
A Look Ahead…
- October 4 – Picture Day for Kindergarten
- October 5 – Field Trip to Darden Farm (we get a pumpkin)
- October 6 – Spirit Day: wear read and black!!!
- Early Dismissal @ 1:00
- October 10 – PTA / Back to School night from 6:30 – 8:00
Resource Schedule for the week: (1:15 – 2:05)
· Monday – Art
· Tuesday – Library
· Wednesday - Music
· Thursday – PE
· Friday – No resource (Early Dismissal)
· Monday, October 9 - STEM