September 19 - 23, 2016
Thank you for helping your child have a successful first couple of weeks at CAES! They have been full of excitement and adjustments for all – including myself! We spent some time getting to know each other, our classroom, and our school. We also took some time to go over classroom and school rules. We talked about what happens when we make good choices and also what happens when we make ‘not so good’ choices. We will use our Rainbow Chart to keep track of our choices. We all start at green each day and we will ‘clip up’ for good choices (teal, blue, purple) and ‘clip down’ for our ‘not so good’ choices (yellow, orange, red). We will have the opportunity all throughout the day to change colors. At the end of each day, if we are on the colors below the green we will lose our sticker in our agenda and the teacher will write a note home with a brief explanation. If we have a sticker, it shows that we had a good day and made good choices!
Agendas and red folders will come home each day. Please make sure the agenda is signed/initialed each day and placed back in your child's backpack. Also, don't forget to check the red folder and clean it out and return it to school. Please feel free to use the agenda to write notes in or email me at email@example.com
Please see the attached (optional) Scholastic Book Order forms. There are some great books for your child. Please order online at scholastic.com/reading club using the code HBKYJ or send a check or money order made out to Scholastic Reading Club!! (not CAES or Mrs. Hundley)
I have a blog, as soon as it is approved and working, I will send you the link. ☺
Helpful hints / reminders:
- Speak with your child about whether or not he/she should be eating breakfast at school.
- Label any money that you send to school with your child. (child’s name and what it is for) Thank you!
- You can sign up for the lunch prepay program at https://www.prepaylunch.com
- We have a short snack in the room every morning. Please send a snack with your child daily, even if they are a tray lunch that day. We prefer something dry (crackers, goldfish, trail mix, chips, granola bars, nutrigrain bars, popcorn, pretzels, fruit snacks, nabs, cheese sticks, etc) as we will be working as we snack. Thank you!
- Keep a change of clothes in your child’s backpack…just in case it’s needed. Our little ones sometimes have accidents, spills, or get wet or muddy outside. Thank you!
This week we will:
- continue to learn how to be a good citizen in the classroom as well as in our community and then we will be talking about fall
- discuss what the authors and illustrators of books do
- identify the book cover and title page of a book
- learn about using letters to write words
- learn about rhyming words
- sort and classify objects
Homework for the week:
(This is done at your own pace and does not need to be turned in.)
- learn your bus number (if you have one!)
- practice writing your name – first letter uppercase, all others lowercase
- read with / listen to a story with mom, dad, grandparents, aunt/uncle, or big brother/sister each night
Upcoming dates to remember:
- Sept. 21 – Early dismissal @ 1:00
Our resource rotation schedule this week: (1:15 - 2:05)
∙ Monday – S.T.E.M. (Green Day)
∙ Tuesday – Coding (Blue Day)
∙ Wednesday – Art (Purple Day)
∙ Thursday – Library (Red Day)
∙ Friday – Music (Orange Day)
∙ Monday – P.E. *Sept 26 (Yellow Day)*This will change each week. I will try to keep you updated on which day is PE so that your child will have tennis shoes that day. Just know that PE is the Yellow Day for us!