Announcement: The kindergarten classes will present out knowledge of bees at our EXPO on Tuesday, May 7 from 6:00-6:30. You all are invited to come so we can share what we have learned. More information will come at a later time. Please put the date and time on your calendar.
· Please send a note or email if your child is absent. We are submitting these to the office. Thanks so much!
· Thanks for including an extra set of clothes in your child’s bookbag in case there is a mishap/accident. The playground is still wet and we kindergarteners have spills on occasion. Having a set of clothes really helps!
HOMEWORK: In order to keep your child’s academics on task and progressing as needed….
o new power words: going, make, give (we have learned all of the 1G power words and we are beginning 2G power words)
o learn sounds sp-, sk-, and sm-
o know ALL Power Words (old and new), know them at FLASH SPEED
o continue reading and logging 2 steps every night
o continue reading skills: using beginning letter sounds for unfamiliar words, ask and answer questions about stories we read, identify the setting and characters, identify fiction / non-fiction, know what the author and illustrator do
o continue with writing skills of using meatball spacing between words, capital letters for beginning sentences, lower case letters for rest of words, form letters correctly by forming letters within the lines and touching the correct lines
o learning about ‘fair share’ (fractions) Are the parts equal? We say, “Is it a fair share?” (make sure one part isn’t bigger than the other)
o gather date and make a graph
o review the identification of coins (penny, nickel, dime, quarter)
o count by 1s, 5s and 10s to 110
o identify the number before and the number after a given number
· Science / Social Studies:
o Entomology: continue studying bees à the bee life cycle
· Mar. 27 – Pizza Bingo (6:00 p.m.)
· Apr. 2 – BayPort Savings Day
· Apr. 11 – Spring portrait make-up day
· Apr. 13 – 21 – Spring Break!
· Monday - ART
· Tuesday – LIBRARY (return library books)
· Wednesday – MUSIC
· Thursday – PE (wear tennis shoes)
· Friday – STEM
· Monday, April 1 – CODING