Message from Teacher…
We had a fun day at Darden Farm and picking our own pumpkins. We are excited about Nathan’s mom bringing in horseshoe crabs for us to see this Friday! We are really enjoying our Reading Logs and learning to read!!!!
Parent Conferences for Kindergarten will not be held on the scheduled October 18th as we have not completed the SEAL and PALS assessments. I will send conference times in early November.
OUR NEW and IMPORTANT HOMEWORK! “READING LOG” folders with 2 books will be coming home each night. Please be sure to read, log, and sign the log sheet. HOMEWORK will be to read for 30 minutes every night. If you have other books at home for them to read, you may log these also. Remember, every 15 minutes of reading equals one STEP!
Included in our folders are our POWER WORDS! We typically get 3 new words per week. Please have students read and practice these each night!
PS – Please sign agendas each night! Thank you!
For this week…
- learn about the letters Jj, Kk, Ll, and Ww
- name, read and spell words that begin with /j/ /k/ /l/ and /w/
- read and learn this weeks new Power Words: I, this, at
- recognize and generate rhyming words
- count words in sentences
- be able to identify and distinguish between a letter, a word, and a sentence
- continue to identify characters and settings, and tell what authors and illustrators do
- retell stories we read aloud
- recognize, create and extend patterns
- write your name in correct form (upper and lower case, within lines)
- recognize numbers from 1 – 10 and count numbers 1 – 20
A Look Ahead…
- Oct. 10 – Back-to-School Night (6:30 – 8:00 p.m.)
- Oct. 12 – District-wide PINK OUT DAY – wear pink!
- Oct. 12 – WatchDOGS Pizza Kick-off (6:00 p.m.) — Be sure to come out, Dads!
- Oct. 18 – No School for Elementary students due to professional development and parent-teacher conferences, Kindergarten will have conferences in November to include PALS and SEAL info
- Oct. 21 – Isle of Wight Education Foundation Annual Gala (6:00 @ Smithfield Center)
- Oct. 30 – Fall Book Fair begins (ends Nov. 9)
- Oct. 31 – Book Character Day (more info coming)
- Nov. 3 – Grand Lunch
Resource Schedule for the week: (1:15 – 2:05)
· Monday – STEM
· Tuesday – Coding
· Wednesday - Art
· Thursday – Library (bring library books)
· Friday – Music
· Monday, October 16 – PE (tennis shoes preferred)