We are doing a great job getting to know each other, learning about their new school, following routines and classroom guidelines. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a note in the red folder if you have any questions or need to notify me of absences, transportation changes, or other information.
· NEW: Please initial your child’s calendar sheet in the red folder each day!
· NEW: Write bus change in the daily box of the calendar sheet!
· Please join our fantastic PTA for $10.00! They are so helpful and supportive of the students and teachers!
· If your child is absent, please send a note or email stating the reason for the absence. We are submitting these to the office. Thanks so much!
· Thanks for including an extra set of clothes in your child’s book bag in case there is a mishap/accident. Sometimes the playground is wet and occasionally we kindergarteners have spills. Having a set of clothes really helps! The clothes will remain in their book bag until they are needed. You may also include a sweater, hoodie, or jacket for the chilly days.
· Have your child learn their bus number if they ride one.
HOMEWORK: In order to keep your child’s academics on task and progressing as needed, we are working on the following….
o read with your family for 30 minutes each day; we are logging 2 steps daily at school; we will eventually begin logging at home but not until October
o we are learning the sounds that are associated with the letters of the alphabet
o we are learning about the letters Gg and Tt (beginning sounds for /r/=rock, run, red and beginning sound s/=sun, see, sit)
o begin identifying words in sentences and knowing that there is a space between them
o identify the front cover, the title, the title page and the back of a book
o discuss what an author and an illustrator do
o practice writing your first name – uppercase letter at the beginning, all others are lowercase; we will be working on writing on the lines
o we are learning to name, recognize, and use the plane shapes – circle, square, rectangle and triangle (including know the number of sides on each shape)
o we are counting numbers up to 10, our goal is to be able to count to 100
· Science / Social Studies:
o we are learning about being a G.R.E.A.T. citizen! G=Growth, R=Respect, E=Empathy, A=Accountability, T=Trustworthiness
- Oct 2 - Interims come home
- Oct 2 - Fall school portrait day (prek, k, 1st)
- Oct 14 - no school/ PD for staff
- Oct 22 - K field trip, pumpkin patch, more info to come
- Oct 30 - Fall school portrait make-up day
- Nov 1 - end of nine weeks
- Nov 8 - No school/ PD & work day for staff
- Nov 11 - Veteran's Day no school
- Nov 14 - Report cards
- Nov 27-29 - No school Thanksgiving
- Dec 6 - no school/ parent conferences
- Dec 11 - Interims come home
- Dec 19 thru Jan 3 - No School (Winter Break)
- Jan 20- MLK JR Day no school
- Jan 29 - end of 9 weeks and 1st semester
- Jan 30 - No school/PD for staff
- Jan 31 - No School/ PD for staff
ENCORE: (1:15-2:05) àthis is also taped in your child’s red folder
Monday = Engineering with Mrs.Hall
Tuesday = P.E. with Mrs.Madden (wear tennis shoes)
Technology & Computer Sci with Mrs.Pealo
Library with Mrs.Mitra (bring library book)
Wednesday = S.O.A.R. with Mrs.Vukmanic
Thursday = Art with Mrs.Enyingi
Friday = Music with Mr.Simmons